The boss of the deputies RN called on Monday, after being sentenced to four years in prison, but also to an ineligibility sentence of five years, applied to the field. The Paris court of appeal said it was seized of “three calls” in this file. She will examine him so that he can make her decision “in the summer of 2026”, several months before the presidential election, to which Marine Le Pen wants to present herself.
Follow the full coverage
RN trial: Marine Le Pen and the condemned party
His decision was scrutinized closely. The Paris Court of Appeal said this Tuesday, April 1, that it was seized of “Three calls” After the convictions of Marine Le Pen and the National Rally (new window) the day before. Examining these files should make it possible to deliver its decision “In the summer of 2026”. Either before the deadline for the next presidential election, scheduled for 2027, for which the far -right leader fears that it cannot appear (new window).
Available guilty of embezzlement in the case of European parliamentary assistants, Marine Le Pen was sentenced on Monday by the Paris Criminal Court to four years in prison, two of which were firm, arranged under bracelet. But above all to five years of ineligibility with provisional execution (new window), that is to say applying immediately, even in the event of appeal.
In the hours following the judgment, the deputy for Pas-de-Calais announced to appeal. She fears that the deadlines for the legal battle which are now opening her prevent her from presenting her candidacy in 2027 (new window), she who had been a finalist during the two previous polls.
-
Read
Bénédicte de Perthuis, the magistrate who pronounced Marine Le Pen’s ineligibility
In response, the Paris Court of Appeal said on Tuesday in a statement that it was seized of “Three calls” at this stage in this case, and that she “will examine this file within deadlines which should make it possible to make a decision in the summer of 2026”.
If these deadlines are held, that would mean that this second trial would be held at the latest in early 2026, and that the decision would therefore be rendered for long months before the presidential election, as required by several political leaders. Faced with deputies, the Minister of Justice Gérald Darmanin said this Tuesday wishing the deadline “The most reasonable as possible” For this appeal trial (new window).
It remains to be seen what will be the decision of this court, which can decide to maintain the penalty of ineligibility. If this is the case, Marine Le Pen could then appeal to cassation, but this would add an additional time before the final decision. It could be repelled by several months, relaunching speculations on the possibility or not, for the leader of RN deputies, to present itself to the presidential election.
ML with AFP



